GRANTS > Project Grants
Project Grant funds are available to non-profit organizations on a matching basis, one-to-one to non-public money and/or in-kind services, for projects or programs that fall within the purview of The Bisbee Foundation.
Guidelines for The Bisbee Foundation Project Grants
In order to be eligible for this grant, a non-profit organization must have the following:
1. Status as a non-profit corporation in the State of Arizona and tax-exempt status from the
Internal Revenue Service with at least a two-year programming history. If an organization
does not have non-profit status it may use a fiscal receiver (umbrella sponsorship)
- Approval of the governing board of the umbrella organization
- A written contract executed between the applicant and the umbrella organization
- Umbrella organization being fully responsible for all financial commitments related
to the application
2. Non-discriminatory employment and personnel policies
3. The ability to provide the following documents:
- IRS non-profit status letter
- Articles of Incorporation
- Current list of board members and staff
- Current fiscal year budget
Award recipients must file a completion report on all grants received, including a reconciled project budget, in order to qualify for further grants. Reports will be reviewed by the Board of Directors of The Bisbee Foundation for evidence of fulfillment of all requirements before final approval of the report is given.
At the board’s discretion, grants may not total more than 20% of the budget of the organization and must be matched dollar for dollar with non-public monies and/or in-kind services. The in-kind services must be approved by the Board of The Bisbee Foundation.
If the project is a cooperative activity between two or more organizations, the proposal must include letters from the authorized representative of the agencies along with copies of any agreements or letter of understanding between them.
The following do not qualify for Project Grant funding:
Organizations receiving more than 50% of their annual budget from a public tax-supported source
Divisions or departments of government, including colleges, universities and school districts
Political and/or religious organizations and committees
Private for-profit corporations/organizations
Project Grants are not awarded for the following:
Travel outside Arizona
Debt retirement, capital improvements, or purchase of real estate
Tuition costs or refreshment costs
Salaries beyond the duration of the project
The establishment or augmentation of endowment funds